Monday, May 2, 2011

A Little Portion Of A Collection That I Love



Some people create with words, or with music, or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. It's more then just a race, it's a style... It's being creative. - Prefontaine

There are as many reasons for running as there are days in the year, years in my life. But mostly I run because I am a child, an artist and a saint. So, too, are you. ~ George Sheehan

When I finish a run, every part of me is smiling. - Jeff Galloway

Running has taken me in, and continues to comfort, heal and challenge me in all kinds of magical ways. I am not a 'good runner' because I am me. I am a good 'me' because I am a runner. - Kristin Armstrong

When I run, I feel God's pleasure. - Eric Liddell

The power of love to change bodies is legendary, built into folklore, common sense, and everyday experience. Love moves the flesh, it pushes matter around.... Throughout history, "tender loving care" has uniformly been recognized as a valuable element in healing. ~ Larry Dossey

A good laugh and a long run are the best cures in the doctor's book. - modified Irish saying

Marathoning. The triumph of desire over reason. - New Balance

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi Mish - love these. I can't do the morning runs you are doing - not great in our schedule. But if you ever do evenings, let me know. I'd love to run with you!

annaelyse said...

i just ran the most glorious 8 miles through a wooded trail yesterday. over streams. next to fields of wildflowers, ending on a lake. God was so generous with his beauty (in kansas, none the less) and i left more full and alive then i've felt in a while. i love these quotes (and the running groups you've started!) well done lady!!