Friday, November 19, 2010

Snow Is...


...I was suddenly stuck at Book Club (Thank goodness for my friend driving me in her truck - whew),
Mulled wine, friends and making a great book list for 2011, all while watching it come on down!

...Thinking oh boy, will we make it to Swan Lake in the snow tomorrow?
But thinking: dressing up for the Swan Lake ballet gala in the snow tomorrow!

...Planning potato soup? mexican chili? what coziness should I make for lunch and dinner?
And hot cider! Hot cider and gingersnaps for after sledding!

...Thinking about snowshoeing over to friend (- if she's isn't sick.)
If she is, I may just go alone. It's breathtaking in our field and forest in the snow.

...And now to crawl under heavy quilts with warm jammies and a good book.
All while thinking of how giddy my kids were to see the magic fall from the sky.

... Snow! Snow is here! It's so rare for us to have it before Thanksgiving.
And it's gorgeous and dry and thick and I may just go spend the morning alone in it. 



It's calm. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's SO strange to read about you having snow...it's cool here but I doubt we'll get even a single flake this year. Swan Lake sounds verrry nice :)

Still need help deciding what to make? Maybe try one of my soup favorites!
http://saucynsweet.blogspot.com/search/label/Soups/Stews

Hope it's not too weird to leave a link like that...it's not meant to be all, "come look what I can do!" but more of a, "hey, I want to share my favorite things with you!" :)

Alishia said...

What books? Can you email them to me?

Misha said...

Here is our book club reading list for next year, do you want my current stack, too? I want yours! Please??? : )

January 15, 2011 Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie

February 19, 2011 - Cry the Beloved Country

March 19, 2011 Joy in the Morning; Betty Smith

April 16, 2011 The Big Book (1st 164 pages)

May 21, 2011 Grapes of Wrath

June 18, 2011 The Glass Castle

July
August - Dune

September 17, 2011 - Ann of Green Gables

October 15, 2011 - The Kitchen God's Wife; Amy Tan

November 19, 2011 - God Laughs and Plays; Duncan

December 17, 2011 "Ode to Joy" original translation and maybe a Louis L'Amour book?