Friday, November 4, 2011

First Week of November

"The unthankful heart...discovers no mercies; 
but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and,
as the magnet finds the iron,
so it will find, 
in every hour,
some heavenly blessings." 

~ Henry Ward Beecher


For her attitude & sweetness to help me out right now. 


For our Thanksgiving family project. 


For watching my kids' hearts genuinely get touched by history - we've cried a couple times together this week reading some really beautiful books, that introduce some very awful realities.  


For the leaf bouquets my son keeps bringing me since he knows how sad I am not to be out walking in the forest right now. 


And for the way he keeps putting them all over our house for me to see. 

For friends who went shopping for clothes that fit my kids (who both seemed to have a growth spurt right after my surgery.) 
For the fun my kids had on Halloween.  It was contagious.  
For good books to read these days.  
For new jammies for the kids.  
For birthday secrets and surprises... and help pulling them off.   
For nighttime dreams that bring wisdom. 










I'm joining Rebekah at 'a bit of sunshine' this month capturing my blessings I am thankful for. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mish,
I just got caught up on your last few posts. I always come here when I need to find peace, get my feet back on the ground. Love the way you live your life. You inspire me. What a season of grace you are in. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you and praying for you. Would love to catch up if you ever have time. Lots of love, Shelly