Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thirty Things I Am Loving Right Now


  1. big thick caramel apples
  2. pretty paint-dipped-looking gourds
  3. all the bright, wet, yellow leaves on really tall trees
  4. flaming red bushes
  5. miniature cute pumpkins
  6. star wars movie nights
  7. hot apple cider
  8. honey crisp apples
  9. my new red scarf and my fuzzy pink fleece blanket
  10. my new pjs
  11. butternut squash curry & jasmine rice
  12. my soft cream slippers
  13. lime-cilantro salad dressing
  14. hard rain storms in the middle of the night
  15. coyotes waking us up howling in the back field
  16. my puppy (who is going through adolescence and acting like a punk) 
  17. bubbling cinnamon, cloves and oranges on my stove & cinnamon scented pine-cones by the front door
  18. my friend Erinn's spicy sausage soup - oh my word, Erinn! Love. I need a recipe on that one! 
  19. books
  20. my daughter's knitting
  21. the orange & red bush I can see out the window from my elliptical
  22. the hot pink sunset last week that lit up the sky
  23. my son's sense of humour
  24. coziness & warm beds
  25. our fireplace (even if it is fake)
  26. decaf earl grey tea and rice milk
  27. instagram (it's like a smaller, less overwhelming facebook)
  28. my kids - they're really fun
  29. that my husband shaved his beard : ) 
  30. sunny October days


Oh and this article. Both my daughter and I are introverts and no one ever thinks we are. It made me laugh!

4 comments:

Rita said...

Love the introvert article Misha!

Anonymous said...

I thought parts of the article were insightful, but I greatly hope he wrote the following comment with his tongue stuck firmly to his cheek:
"Are introverts arrogant? Hardly. I suppose this common misconception has to do with our being more intelligent, more reflective, more independent, more level-headed, more refined, and more sensitive than extroverts."

As an introvert myself, I'd even be offended for the "other side" if it was written in anything other than jest.

-Joy

Misha said...

Joy - I think it's very much satire! : )

Nikki said...

Oh--that article is great! Thanks for sharing!