Monday, June 20, 2011

Party Planning

I am planning a couple parties for this summer for some really special events. For people that mean a lot to us. I have been brainstorming inexpensive ideas to make them fun. Unfortunately I can't remember where I sourced a lot of these ideas - all of them, except one, were on pinterest. (If you see your photo, please tell me and I will gladly credit it!) 

I've found a few links for these ideas, but if you have any others, please share! I would love any ideas or advice that makes all this doable and affordable...

Most of these are for a bridal shower for a friend that has not had a party thrown in her honour since she was twelve years old. I know none of us can afford to go all out on one-time events, but I am really trying to make this one for her as special as possible. (She doesn't read my blog and if you know who she is please don't tell her about any of this! Pretty please.) The other events are a goodbye party for a good neighbour, some summer book clubs and a couple (still secret) parties. 


We aren't sure how yet, but I really want to string up twinkle lights in our back yard. 


This place sells parasols for a reasonable price. I want to get a few different shades of peach to hang or place in the yard. (Peach is the colour of my friend's wedding dress.)


This was actually my friend's idea who is hosting the wedding. I thought it was adorable and may use it for the good bye BBQ. But knowing me, the balloons will all be multi-coloured! : ) 


I love candy buffets. So cute and fun. (And perfect party favours with cute take-home baggies.) 


I found these for a good price and may go ahead and order a couple since they will work for so many events. Lemonade, lavender/basil iced tea, pink drinks...


We have a local cupcake shop that makes cupcakes to order for any food allergy or dietary need. And they are SO yummy. 


I found these gluten-free cones, too, and just love this fun idea. So easy, too.

Besides that - I really want to do pots of geraniums on my deck and porch (have those), some mason jars of bright summer flowers (we can pick those), lots of candles under hurricane glass (don't have those) and paint all my outdoor tables and chairs apple green with outdoor spray paint (which is about as likely as me keeping my house clean all summer... highly doubtful.) 


Most of all, even if all I have is parties with big buckets of sidewalk chalk for kids to play with, late evenings with friends sitting outdoors laughing and catching up and lots of icy watermelon... the point is: I am getting excited about summer coming!

9 comments:

Jennifer Jo said...

Be sure to take pictures of the events! I'm sure they'll be lovely!

svea said...

oh mish you are a wonder! i wish i could be at all your parties =) hugs

Nikki said...

I love your inspiration photos! Even if each party ends up being what you described at the end--low key conversation and simple entertainment--I am sure your guests will feel so loved, so honored, so gifted. You make people feel that way. It's really amazing.

Heathcote Safari said...

Love this, Misha! I love outdoor fairy lights ;-) Making these times special is half the fun, and I'm sure you will do an awesome job! Love. xx

Rita said...

Love all the ideas. I will need to search for Mason water jars in the UK - they look like lots of fun!

Kimberly said...

Wow. It's all so delightful! I've thought about doing pininterest to keep all my idea pictures together, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Sarah said...

This looks wonderful. Your friends will love it! I especially like the drink dispensers, and the waffle cones filled with fruit. Yummmy! For Easter this year I made paper flowers out of tissue paper someone had left with me. I noticed also that many time second hands stores have tissue paper there as well. But it is not too expensive if you have to buy it. Martha Stewart has several easy and fun ways to make them with things like coffee filters and wire etc. just search for paper flowers on her blog and you are there. I made BIG fabulous blooms the size of my head and with all kinds of colors all bright. ALthough looking back soft colors would have also been elegant. I wanted mine to hang from the ceiling with fishing line but we ended up hot gluing them to long straight twigs from our yard, putting them in a tall ceramic vase at the main gathering spot and our friends picked a flower to take home with them. My friends still tell me how much that flower adds life to where ever they put them. It can be a gift that just keep on giving.
Have fun!!!

Jessica Stock said...

I love your ideas! Your parties sound so wonderful- I am sure they will be fabulous!

Misha said...

You are all so encouraging! I'll take pictures for sure. : )