- It's okay to go as slow as you need to to keep going.
- Sometimes you get dog poop on your new baby-blue running shoes. Don't go back to your old shoes and get blisters. Just clean your new ones up.
- Strong = healthy, and healthy = fun.
- Stopping to tie your shoe (or take care of any need) should not be rushed - especially if there is a pretty view.
- Always dress in layers. The sun could come out, you never know!
- Trying new things can lead to confidence in new things.
- Rain shouldn't stop you. There are always slickers and fleece hats. (And then set out a towel by the front door.)
- Friends help you look forward to things that are hard to do.
- Use mile markers - they are so encouraging.
- Sometimes even your own Mom will be shocked at how strong and beautiful you have become.
- You never know who may want to play with you after you run together.
- Save some energy to sprint at the end. It's way more fun that way.
- If you are running, you are a runner!
- Getting muddy means you had fun.
- Women of all ages look beautiful when they are running.
- Ice cold creeks help to get into when your muscles hurt and your feet are hot - and that can actually be fun.
- Bring snacks and celebrate at the end.
- Even if you can't run for a while, you can still go cheer on your friends when they do.
- If you keep at it, some days you can even keep up with your dad.
Monday, May 9, 2011
Things I Have Learned This Month From My Nine Year Old Daughter About Running
Posted by Misha at 4:28 PM