8. I run. I write. I am a mama. Combined with all the people that I love, that pretty much sums up what I treasure in life.
7. I'm adjusting to the new grey streaks in my hair. I would love a whole head of funky white, but in-between transitions are hard for me.
6. When I was thirteen I had a cork board full of earrings I collected. That was the inspiration - it turns out - for how I decorate now. I love my home.
5. I have two kids and a child no longer with us. I still wonder what it would be like to have him at the table with us for dinner time. His birthdays would be in July.
4. When I was thirteen it was the 1980's. That will tell you a lot about my home, too. (Think rainbows!)
3. I grew up as a missionary and a preacher's kid. I love Jesus.
2. I had big ideals about marriage. That was tough. But my husband (and later my kids) brought me grace. Grace was better than my ideals.
1. I've thought about tattooing 'Kind Birds' on my wrist. All the things I care about most (family, beauty, writing, enjoyment, my neighbours, health) - every single one is enhanced or diminished by the little birds that leave my mouth. I want to remember that more and more.
"I found I could say things with colors that I couldn't say any other way - things that I had no words for." ~ Georgia O'Keefe